#MeatUpCanada Contest (“Contest”) Rules
- CONTEST PERIOD:
Contest begins on March 8, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to all Canadian residents within Bring Home The Bacon's delivery areas (excluding residents of Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of their participation.
The following persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest:
- Employees of Bring Home The Bacon (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, its affiliates or its related companies, and their respective representatives, and advertising, promotional agencies and the contest judges (collectively, “Contest Parties”).
- The immediate family members of the Contest Parties, and all other persons with whom the Contest Parties reside.
- HOW TO ENTER:
There are two ways to enter:
- Visit www.bringhomebacon.ca and make a purchase. Each purchase made during the Contest Period will be considered one (1) entry.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY option: Submit a recipe that requires the use of at least one of Bring Home The Bacon products (“Submission”) by visiting bringhomebacon.ca/pages/contest or emailing email@example.com. Each unique recipe submitted will be considered one (1) entry. All Submissions must be received by April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST to be eligible for the contest. By participating in this Contest, the entrant represents and warrants that their entire Submission: (a) is wholly original; (b) has been created solely by the Entrant listed upon Submission; (c) has been legally obtained and/or created; (d) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party or violate applicable laws, regulations or network standards; (e) they have not granted or transferred any rights in or to the Submission to any third party prior to the date of Submission; and (f) Entrant has not done anything which has impaired and will not do anything to impair the rights granted to Sponsor in any way. Entering a Submission in the Contest grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify the Submission in any way, in whole or in part; as well as use such Submission, and any ideas or concepts contained therein, in commerce and in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Submission.
There will be one (1) prize (“Prize”) available that includes:
- Free meat and seafood delivery from Bring Home The Bacon for one year, to be awarded as a $400 gift card per month for 12 months. When redeeming the gift cards, the winner must place orders that meet their respective regional free shipping threshold.
- One (1) Cuisinart TOA-60BKS Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer, Black SS.
Total approximate value of the Prize, including delivery, is CAD$6,000.00.
The Prize must be claimed by May 15, 2021. The shipping and handling fees incurred in delivering the Prize to the winner will be fully paid by the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury to the Prize incurred at, during or after Prize delivery to the winner.
The winner is solely responsible for all costs not specifically mentioned above as included in the prize description.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize is non-transferable; there is no possibility of exchanging them for cash. There will be no substitutions.
The delivery of the Prize as described is subject to the availability of the products. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or a Prize element by another Prize or item of equal or greater value if applicable.
- RANDOM PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing (“Drawing”) to be conducted on or about May 2, 2021, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. A purchase will not affect your chances of winning. The Drawing will be conducted by Bring Home The Bacon, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this promotion.
The selected entrant will be notified by phone or by email on or about May 2, 2021, and will be required to correctly answer an unaided, time-limited skill-testing question in order to be declared the winner. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or the selected entrant cannot be located or does not respond by deadline date, an alternative winner will be chosen and prize will be awarded.
The winner must provide contact details including full name, email, phone number and physical home address for administration purposes and prize distribution.
The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participation in the Contest that it deems, at its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Rules.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Sponsor has any reason to believe that participation is fraudulent or is an attempt to disrupt, modify or underhandedly influence the Contest competition or the smooth operation of same, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, refuse any and all participation or deem the participation to be invalid or void. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and no correspondence or discussion will be initiated therein.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil rights and, in the event of such an attempt, the Sponsor fully reserves the right to sue for damages and interest and, where permitted by law, prosecution in criminal venues.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant releases and holds the Sponsor and Contest Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
Bring Home The Bacon is not responsible or liable for: erroneous, destroyed, lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrectly addressed or misdirected Contest entries, regardless of the cause; failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive a Notice; computer, communication, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; and any damage or loss arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the Prize, regardless of the cause or any fault by Bring Home The Bacon or any person for whom Bring Home The Bacon is responsible, and notwithstanding that any of those persons may have been advised of the possibility of the loss or damage being incurred.
The Winner will be asked to sign a declaration, a waiver or a disclaimer before they can obtain their Prize.
Instagram LLC. and Facebook Inc. have not sponsored, endorsed, administered or offered this Contest in any way. Participants release Instagram LLC. and Facebook Inc. from any and all liability in connection with this Contest.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
By entering the contest, Entrants authorize the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, their voices, their statements regarding the contest and/or photograph or other portrait without any other forms of compensation, in any and all publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor from any way whatsoever, including, but not limited to, print, televised, radio broadcast advertising, and distributed over the Internet.
The Sponsor retains the rights to use images and/or recipes submitted by all participants for related or unrelated promotion.
This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
If any condition as part of these rules were to be deemed illegal, invalid or otherwise not enforceable by a court, for any reason, the condition in question would be removed from the rules and the remaining terms will continue to apply fully.
Winner has the obligation to inform the Sponsor as soon as possible if it is impossible to claim their prize, for any reason.
In the event of litigation concerning the conduct or the results of the Contest, these rules or any other matter in connection with this Contest, the Sponsor’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be initiated.
Your participation in the Contest constitutes irrevocable acceptance of and agreement to all of these Rules.
Winner’s name: to obtain the name of Prize Winner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “#MeatUpCanada Contest Request for List of Winners”. The name of the Winner will be available until May 31, 2021.